Sunday, April 15, 2007

Wako

The restaurant specializes in Donkatsu (fried meat with rice). They offer pork donkatsu, chicken donkatsu, steak donkatsu, lobster donkatsu, etc. They also serves Udon and cold Soba. Everything is good in this restaurant. Depending on what you order, they will give you sesame seeds in a bowl for you to crush. Then you will fill will the bowl with sause for you order. The best thing about this place is that the Donkatsu are perfectly fried -- making them very crispy. The soba is good too. So I recommend that you order a combination in which you can order a meat (pork or chicken I think) with a smaller portion of Soba (this does not come with rice but you can order it separately). I used to order the combination with steak but they dont offer it anymore. But I still think the steak is the best so get my friends to order a combination and steal their soba.

There are a few branches but I one I go to is on Olympic. It's not listed on the internet. They are on Olympic a few blocks west of Vermont. If you are driving from USC, take Vermont north, turn left on Olympic, and it will be on your left on the corner of some road. Another location that I know of is in a plaza on Wilshire. The address is 3377 Wilshire Blvd. The plaza is on the corner of Wilshire and Alexandria.

No comments: