Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Shabu Shabu

There are some good Shabu Shabu places in LA. The first that I recommend and the one that I used to go all the time is Zakuro. This one is in little Tokyo. It's a small place with 3 tables on Tatami and a bunch of counter seats. It's a cheap and it's worth the price. There is usually a short line each night; you will have to go and put your name down and wait. This is the only place I know that serve Sukiyaki. It is eaten with raw eeg as a dip, vegetables, and rice. The shabu itself is pretty good too. I used to eat there quite a few times a week. It costs no more than 20 bucks each visit. But the place has been closed for about a year now. I dont know what happened. They have a sign on the front door saying its for renovation but I dont see any thing going on. Not sure when its gonna open again. I'm waiting for it.

356 E 2nd StLos Angeles, CA 90012 (213) 680-0003

No comments: