Thursday, April 12, 2007

Teppanyaki: Benihana

I just found out some days ago that Teppanyaki is not originated from Japan -- it was created here in USA ! I was quite surprised to learn this so I thought I would Blog about teppanyaki restaurants. The first Teppanyaki I've had here is at Benihana on La Cienega. To tell you the truth, they should not have even called the stuff they make food. It's all for show. They cook in front of you and do all these elaborate tricks like in the circus. It's more of a show going experience than a dining one. They throw their knives and shrimp tails in the air and play with them. I mean, it's fun to look at but the outcome of those acrobatic cooking is absolute shit. If I was to sum up the restaurant in one word: inedible

I wont even give you the address of the restaurant because it would just be a disgrace.

No comments: