Thursday, February 8, 2007

Thai Food

Authentic Thai food are not hard to find in LA since there is a Thai town and all.....Thai food has been receiving a growing popularity, but unfortunately most of the commercialized Thai restaurants such as Thai Dishes and Chan Dara. Personally, I consider those restaurants disgraces. Thus, to find authentic good Thai food, you would have to go to Thai town. Although Thailand is a considerably small country, we do have different kinds of food in different regions. So each restaurants have their specialties. Ruen Pair, on Hollywood, is a famous place for porridge with other side dishes. If you want Duck noodle soup, a place to go is Rod Ded (on the corner of Hollywood and Gramercy). The Rad-Nah (noodle in sause shown on the right) is even better than most of the places in Thailand. Siam Sunset is famous for their Chicken Rice (although I dont think it's that good), their Pork Blood Soup, and their Kra-Pao Ped Yang (stir fried basil with duck), as well as their breakfast Pa-Tong-Koh (Fried bread). Their address: 5265 W Sunset Blvd. For an authentic taste of the northeastern food including the famous Som Tum (papaya salad, on the left), Larb (Minced pork), Tom-Sab (Spicy Soup, not Tom-Yum-Goong though), etc. you will have to go to Khun Dom: 4681 Melrose Ave.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I went to this amazing Thai fusion restuarant with my parents the other night called Mischeliea. It is amazing. This is my second time, the first was with my friends who all graduated from culinary school. Its off of La cienega on 3rd st.

Fahmai said...

I checked out their web site and I think it's a Vietnamese restaurant. It closely resembles many of the Thai food dishes but it's more closely related to Chinese food, I think